How to make 'chapaguri'?
'Parasite' dish in spotlight after Oscar wins
- 유지수 (email@example.com) --
- 18 Feb 2020 04:08 PM
Korean supermarkets in Toronto are promoting 'chapaguri(Jjapaguri)' after director Bong Joon-Ho's movie 'Parasite' won four awards at the 92nd Oscars.
'Chapaguri' is a mix of two different types of instant noodle-Chapagetti(Black-bean noodle) and Neoguri(spicy noodle soup).
PAT Korean supermarkets are encouraging people to buy them together by giving a special discount.
The fusion dish became popular after it was featured in the movie. It was used as a critical device to increase the tension and suspense of the movie.
Numerous videos were posted on Youtube to detail the recipe.
According to 'Maangchi', a popular cooking Youtube channel, 'chapaguri' can be made by following these steps:
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Add both kinds of noodles and both packets of vegetable flakes.
2. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring and turning with tongs or long chopsticks to separate the noodles and cook them evenly.
3. Strain the noodles over a medium-sized bowl, and then put the noodles and the cooked flakes back into the pot.
4. Measure 1 cup of the strained hot noodle water and put it back into the pot. Add black bean paste seasoning powder and ½ of the spicy seasoning powder from the Neoguri package. Stir and mix for 1 to 2 minutes until everything is well incorporated.
5. Remove from the heat, add the seasoning oil and stir it in.
6. Transfer the noodles to a large plate and serve right away.
(Courtesy of Maangchi)
You might be interested in
|WHO asks BTS to join 'SafeHands' campaign||17 Mar 2020|
|Korean-style chicken is getting 'BIG'||19 Feb 2020|
|How to make 'chapaguri'?||18 Feb 2020|
|The Korea Times Daily ranked Canada's most popular Korean newspaper||11 Feb 2020|